Sunday, March 22, 2009

Causes of disORGanization






http://myclosetsandmore.com


In my opinion, there are four main causes for disorganization in our lives.

  1. Over Commitment
  2. Procrastination
  3. Too much "stuff"
  4. Failure to Plan
To some extent, all of the above are under our own control. Obviously, there are times when "things happen" and one just has to do the best he/she can under the circumstances.

There have been many times in my life when I felt there is just no time to plan or think. I had let my life get cluttered with commitments, with undone projects, and just too much "stuff". I was totally overwhelmed and felt like I was doing well just to get through the day. My life was just one giant TO DO list! It is those times when we are feeling most overwhelmed and anxious that we do need to STOP take a deep breath and re-group.

But even after re-grouping do you just repeat the pattern of cluttering up your life again. Are you doomed to keep repeating that pattern over and over again. Remind me again- The definition of insanity is....?

The hardest thing is recognizing when all the plates we have been balancing are about to crash to the ground. Or better yet, how can we avoid letting our lives spin out of control? Why do we continue to repeat patterns that lead up to a crash? Follow this blog and we'll continue to analyze the issue of how our lives become disorganized and what we can do to stop repeating the same patterns over and over again.

Your comments are welcome!!

1 comment:

  1. I've been thinking through this very issue lately. Maybe it's the weather? Spring fever? Time for spring cleaning and de-cluttering?

    Thanks for visiting my blog. I hope you'll come again soon.

    ReplyDelete